I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel on the new room addition. I refigured the cabinet puzzle and bought new cabinet pieces that fit. I called Knight Presses and spoke with Aaron Knight who explained to me how to change the heat press so it swings in the opposite direction. It involves wrenches and tools, so I haven’t talked my husband into that task yet. I bought a heat press stand from Coastal when I realized that the heat press wasn’t going to work on the countertop I was having put in for the equipment. When they say that swing-away presses take up a lot of room, they mean that they take up A LOT OF ROOM! Bought the vinyl cutter stand when I realized that the vinyl cutter (also) wasn’t going to work on the countertop. I am now going to have a nice, long, empty countertop. I’m sure it will be nice to have as a workspace. Live and learn.
The painters finished their part this week, and now it’s starting to look like the room I was imagining. Electricians are done; countertop is ordered. I’m waiting on the heat & air guys, and I need to go look at flooring. Oh — and I need to get the Geek Squad involved. Then to get the shelving up, furniture purchased……yikes…..I guess I’m not as close to finished as I was thinking.
The construction guys wanted to know if I could make Nascar shirts for them. Then the painters asked about making work t-shirts for them. I had to tell both of them no. I’m hoping it’s this easy to sell the rhinestone shirts, but somehow I doubt it.
Here’s a picture of the room progress — it’s getting there.